Tuesday, December 22, 2009

The Joy of the Greatest Joy

It has already been a long seven months because we were aware of our pregnancy immediately. Calmness had retreated for the time being, and I instantly become an emotional paper-weight. Zane and I only had to guess we were expecting. Since then, we have experienced the joys of these fantastic hormone imbalanced months. However, we consider ourselves very fortunate that the baby is due in February... just in time for me to finish up with my last semester of classes. It was a hard run, constantly being stressed out over homework, work, my ever bulging tummy, and acrobatic baby. But now that school is over with final grades being brighter than expected, Zane and I feel like we can enjoy the last two months. We are now looking at the last ten weeks of pregnancy which include birthing classes, more frequent doctor visits, additional weight gain and size growth, and a whole plethora of pain. However, the best part is still yet to come (thankfully! because the afore mentioned list is quite dismal). It has only been since the final days of school that I have encountered and dealt with the tummy rubbers and feared for the safety of my inny-belly-button (which I can now touch the back of). I've discovered that those who wish to feel our baby roll and kick are always disappointed because she doesn't do much on the front of my belly. She rips and tears at the vital organs while stretching me out widthwise. Yet, this movement, which is now getting more painful the bigger she gets, is greatest blessing thus far. Even in light of the nightly bathroom breaks that often wake us both up, Zane and I cannot be more excited. We have already set up the crib, changing table, and dresser. On top of the all this, we have just recently put the sheets, bumper and quilt in the crib (which has a cute matching nightlight and lamp). We await the arrival of our baby with great excitement - for now we'll just enjoy the back pains, Braxton Hicks contractions, and birthing classes


Olivia

2 comments:

  1. Congrats! I'm so excited that you guys are having a baby. But I'm sorry that the baby is kicking out your insides, Olivia. (We haven't met, but I feel for you!) ;) Do you have a name picked out?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I finally had time to look at things and I did enjoy your new blodge very much. I will have to make sure I keep up on it better along with face book. It has been funny how many people are talking about what they see on face book. Like Carlene told me today about seeing Anna on her video laughing... Hope you have a wonderful day MOM

    ReplyDelete